Recently, the popularity of dorm safes has been growing rapidly. Dorm safes are among the basic subjects that you need to purchase for living in the college and university, for studying in school or visiting administrative institutions, as well as in student hostels and travel. Most auditoriums, rooms, and halls of the hostel, college and university are equipped with video cameras that do not completely save you from troubles and theft. The biggest threat remains from your fellow hostel. Your roommates, unwanted guests, and strangers who can get random access to your room, present a potential threat of theft of your property. Or when you leave the room, take a shower or a bath, cook food, leaving your things unattended. Door locks, laptop safes, and other security features are the items needed for a hostel. If you want to have maximum peace of mind, you need to organize an inaccessible place for thieves, which no one sees or finds. Even when you hide your values under the bed or mattress, and you still will not feel at ease. It is not convenient to carry them always with you every time you go out into the street.
For such purposes, there are special safes for students and travelers who always stay in hostels and protect your values: passports, money, jewelry, expensive and valuable things, digital media, credit cards, mobile phones, iPod and other items. An excellent security option is a secure biometric dorm safe that provides quick access to content through your fingerprint. It does not have a keyboard, it is equipped with a certified fingerprint sensor with 3D visualization. Popular models of dorm safes are products of the following brands: AmazonBasics Security Safe, Barska, Stealth Best College Dorm Safe V5.0, Master Lock, Honeywell, Mesa safe, Vaultek.
When choosing a particular model, consider the useful options:
- Material and quality of the safe assembly;
- Locking mechanism and security function;
- The hardness of steel and its characteristics;
- Vertical arrangement. Saves space in the hostel and easily fits in the closet or under the table;
- The size. Large enough to fit the largest 18-inch notebooks;
- Clever castle. Opening with a PIN or simply using your credit card or driver’s license;
- Electronic lock, equipped with a light alarm in case of battery discharge;
- The possibility of fixing to the floor. Securely hold the safe and all objects inside it in place;
- The function of charging devices. Slots in the back of the safe allow you to create a charging station for all your electronic devices;
- Presence of adjustable shelves. Allows additionally to store personal passports, iPods, Mp3 players, cameras, watches, jewelry and prescription drugs;
- Study the feedback from other customers who purchased and used these safes. Keeping your belongings safely in hostels, student housing, family homes, and homes can be a daunting task.
To do this, such safe constructions can be used:
- Compact safe that fits under the table or bed. Since the safe is designed to slip under the bed, most people will not know what it is.
- Cable or rope. Attaches a safe to a permanent item, writing desk, bed or chest of drawers. Safe storage under the bed – saving space for any room in the hostel.
- Hidden safes. Safe comb. A secure invisible book – has the same thickness and the cover is the same as a regular book. Inside it is a metal strong box. Or, for example, a safe in the form of a jar of peanut butter. It comes with a small bag for storing valuable items. They can also be placed directly inside the jar.
Showing all 17 results